1. Escape rooms. Wildly popular over recent years with new versions of this puzzle based game popping up in new locations all over the world. Your team of players are locked in a room for one hour and you have to solve a series of puzzles using clues, hints and strategy to escape. There is usually an inventive storyline attached to the mission and a variety of locations, such as prison cells, dungeons and space stations are used. They’re fun, fantastic at building a collaborative work ethic and a great mental workout for your team.
2. Wine tasting. A wine tasting evening gives your team a common focus of interest over which to bond and takes your traditional after work drinks up a notch. The Futrli team recently enjoyed an evening in Brighton, where an expert sommelier took our team on a trip across the globe trying one grape variety (Pinot Noir) from different regions around the world.
3. Cooking class. If you have a team of food lovers, then why not try a cooking class together as a change to the local bars and restaurants that you’re used to. It’s the perfect setting for laughs and good banter with the added bonus of growing your team’s confidence in the kitchen. More healthy bodies and healthy minds, as the old adage goes, can only benefit your organisation.
4. Karaoke. Are there any budding Beyonce’s or Paulo Nutini’s waiting to express themselves in your team? There were a few Tenacious D fans in ours! Either way, a good karaoke night is great at getting your employees to bond and break out of their shells. You can have a contest for best group karaoke performance and always bonus points if there are inflatable guitars and colourful rock wigs involved.
5. Something touristy. It’s time to be a tourist in your city once again! Choose a top tourist attraction and enjoy the silliness of feeling like a tourist in your own city, whilst also hopefully learning something new. Free walking tours are another great option and can be a great start to your team day out. What have you got in your city to rediscover?
Fancy a free trial?
7 days – Instant access – No credit card needed