7 best online business tools for your startup
1. Slack. Great communication is a vital component of any business, no matter how small or fledgeling your team is. Channels allow you to organise your team conversations into open channels. You can make one for a project, a topic, a team etc. and everyone has a transparent view of all that’s going on. For sensitive information, you can create private channels or direct message.
2. Intercom. Communication with your team is one thing, but good communication with your customers is equally vital, if not even more so. is a customer messaging platform that offers a range of products that allows you to respond to inbound requests across live chat, email, and social, all in one place.
3. Trello. This is incredibly useful for project management. It uses a logical, intuitive system of cards and boards to help bring a visual element to the ordering and management of tasks. You can also assign cards to specific team members, with a deadline, and keep track of progress with the written and visual updates that they submit to the card.
4. GSuite & Analytics. This offers a complete range of functionality for your business. Simply pick and choose the elements that you want to make use of, but there are many practical and collaborative benefits to your team using all the same tools. Sharing access to a document with a team member is easy and can be edited directly without any annoying formatting issues.
5. HootSuite. This can help you maximise your startup’s social media efforts. It offers the possibility of managing all your social media platforms from one place and provides deep insights into your performance and helps uncover trends via sophisticated analytics dashboards. It does a lot of the hard work for you by tracking all messages and mentions across platforms so that you can stay engaged with your audience.
6. MailChimp. Growing your email subscribers list is an important though challenging task when starting up. MailChimp helps you create more aesthetically appealing email campaigns that enhance your brand, grow your audience and reduce unsubscribes. Personalised and automated templates reduce the burden on you and allow you to focus more on strategy and engaging with the right people in an appropriate way.
7. BreatheHR. When starting up, full of ideas and energy, HR and the potential of admin nightmare is probably one of the last things that you want to think about or deal with. We use BreatheHR as it’s a fully web-based solution that allows us to maintain our paperless office status. It covers all bases from dealing with staff holiday, performance reviews, expenses etc. and is above all secure, reliable and surprisingly simple to use.
Fancy a free trial?
7 days – Instant access – No credit card needed