Forecast tomorrow, understand today and action a better future for your business. Start your free trial today.
Launchtastic – FUTRLI at Accountex
Posted on 6th June 2014 in The Forecast
Written by Amy Harris
If you had two timers… 1. One set for our launch at Accountex (that’s right, the biggest trade show for accountants in the UK) 2. The other for our official listing as a Xero Add-on partner …The buzzers went off within seconds of each other (thank the FUTRLI gods!). We launched. The listing went live. And back at CB HQ […] - 2minute read
If you had two timers…
…The buzzers went off within seconds of each other (thank the FUTRLI gods!).
We launched. The listing went live. And back at CB HQ we turned on (and up!) Kool and the Gangs’ Celebration.
Cue: Hannah and I running around like loons while the developers kicked back in their chairs and shouted: “MONCH”*
We won’t turn this into an Oscar speech but we do have a lot of people to thank…
- Ronan Quirke, thank you so much for all your hard work getting our listing live ready for showtime
- The UK Xero team who embraced us newbies like family at the show and after hours, thank you, we couldn’t have felt more welcome
- To our FUTRLI beta buddies who made the effort to come and meet us in person at #xerovillage, you’ve believed in FUTRLI and supported us from the start, words fail us, thank you so much
- John Stokdyk, Editor of AccountingWEB, for video interviewing us at the show about our launch and then posting it on the website – very cool for a start-up!
- To everyone who came to see FUTRLI in action, our demo station didn’t stop and your feedback made all the late nights and early mornings worth it. We couldn’t believe your enthusiasm. From comments such as “you’ve re-invented a better version of spreadsheets, amazing!” to the out there “Excel is dead” – you validated why we’ve worked so hard. Twitter was on fire too, so thanks for those tweets that made us twoo…!
- Massive round of applause for our incredible development team. There wasn’t a line of code written back in December and, while most people drank mulled wine and stuffed their faces, you turned on your shiny new Apple Thunderbolts and got your heads down (only looking up for a daily scrum). We cannot thank you enough for the effort you’ve put in and most importantly the care and meticulous attention to detail you’ve all demonstrated. The flexibility of FUTRLI is testament to your obsession with delivering an uncomplicated, beautiful user experience. More beers to come…
- Finally, I need to thank my wife**, the extraordinarily talented Hannah McIntyre. Coo. Private joke, says it all.
Thanks for a MONCH launch,
For pictures and updates from the show, and always, check out @FUTRLI on Twitter, please follow us too we need a hand getting our followers up
*A word we’ve invented internally to describe how awesome FUTRLI is because there weren’t enough in the dictionary to do it justice. And its fab fun to say. Go on…you know you want to…..try it……MMMOOONNNCCCHHHH!
** Not in the eyes of the law…my husband beat her too it