We at Futrli know that eCommerce is booming. Joining the world of eCommerce can of course be a challenge. But do not despair, we are here to help! See below for Futrli's quick guide on how to drive your new business to success. You're welcome!
1. The customer comes first
High-quality customer service is one of the most effective methods for any eCommerce business to acquire and retain customers. A returning customer is worth far more than a new one. In reality, returning buyers tend to spend twice as much money as first-time consumers. Looking after returning customers of your online business should be at the forefront of your business model.
Think about how you would approach a new business that you're thinking of buying from - do you go in blind or check their Trustpilot rating? The latter, of course! These ratings are based on customer experiences - so, in a nutshell, the better your customer service, the better your reputation, and the more appealing you are to new customers. Having your own eCommerce business comes should ideally mean having your own stock of loyal customers. Successful eCommerce businesses have a good reputation built through high-quality service.
How to create the perfect eCommerce customer experience in online retail
- Ensure the buying process is smooth
- Include FAQs on your eCommerce site so customers can find responses to their inquiries quickly
- Ensure the website of your eCommerce store is fully secure
- Ensure response times are kept low
- Ensure quick and secure delivery of any products
- Multiple communication channels that are easily accessible for customers
2. Start making content
Having a solid social media presence and marketing is key these days. Good marketing will be key when you start an eCommerce business. With platforms like Instagram, potential customers of electronic commerce are constantly faced with advertising through filtered images, videos, and status updates from different brands. Make sure your eCommerce business model includes a robust strategy for marketing to attract your target audience.
While social media is a key platform for marketing in the eCommerce industry, there is other options - get a monthly newsletter out there and promote your company as a go-to for online shopping.
How to make content for your e-commerce business:
- Content before hard sales: those not looking to buy are more likely to be attracted by interesting content
- Make your material helpful, for example by providing a blog guide on how to use your product
- Create your content around significant dates such as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving,...- be creative in representing your business online!
- Make sure you're represented across different social media channels
- Make your material relevant, for example by displaying your newest product line
3. Understand your customer base
How do I increase the growth of my e-commerce business? The first step is to figure out who you're offering it to. Imagine your business as a real-life eCommerce store - you want to know who is walking in and buying. Take a thorough look at your client base, and conduct a customer segmentation analysis to learn more:
- What's your customers age group?
- What do they care about?
- What service would that customer base value
- Where does your customer base live?
- What are they expecting from you and your eCommerce website?
The bottom line is that the more you understand your consumers, the better able you are to interact with them. Knowing who uses your business is key in having a profitable online store and can help improve your marketing plan.
4. Go big and expand your online store
Your e-commerce company may be based in the United States, but your customers aren't limited to this country. Take a look at whether there is enough demand for you to start offering your services abroad and, if so, why not? It's 2021, and many clients expect international delivery to be standard - so why not get in on it?
5. Choose the tools for your online business carefully
Of course, running a successful business relies on using the tools that suit you and your company. Go for a platform that includes e.g. website builders, blog options, SSL, SEO options, analytics and in-built order processing.
Make sure your site meets the needs of online customers. Have a look at and learn from other companies and sites that you like. What are the things about them that make you enjoy?